A young man was found dead in his bed after eating food he kept for 5 days

The student, known only as AJ, 20, fell ill after eating the pasta that was on a worktop for five days after being cooked for the first time.

Student died after eating food he kept for 5 days lailasnews
Student died after eating food he kept for 5 days

He warmed it up in the microwave and ate it before going out to play sport, but came home an half an hour later severely ill with headaches, abdominal pain and nausea.

AJ vomited for several hours and went to bed at around midnight to try and sleep it off but was found dead by his parents 11 hours later when he failed to turn up for college in Brussels, Belgium.

A post mortem found that he died suddenly from food poisoning caused by bacillus cereus – a spore-forming bacteria that produces toxins and can lead to vomiting and diarrhoea.

AJ treated his illness like regular food poisoning, drinking plenty of water. However, when the food was tested by the National Refereance Laboratory for Food-borne Outbreaks, it was found that it was so poisonous it caused his liver to fail.

How About  College student shares powerful story of escaping emotional abuse

AJ died in 2008. The case came to light recently after it featured in the US Journal of Clinical Microbiology and Dr Bernard reviewed it for his YouTube channel.

He said:

‘Many people eat pasta, or any other form of noodles, that are leftover for a day or two and they’re fine. But be careful of food left out for more than a few hours. If the food smells funny, it’s always better to be safe than sorry.’

Abeg, This Song make Sense?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating / 5. Vote count:

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.