A lady has taken to twitter to share her experience with her boyfriend’s mum with her followers on Twitter. According to the lady, the woman tested her with cassava peeling task when she went visiting.
She later realised it was a test after the woman called her 8 months later to confirm why she didn’t marry her son, which she told her she couldn’t marry into a poor family, but it was all a test.
“I’ve followed a guy to their house before and his mother tested me. I passed her test with flying colours.
When she called me 8months later to ask why I refused to marry her son, I looked her dead in the eye and told her, I cannot marry into a poor family.
God, it felt good.
This woman saw me with my long ass acrylic and asked me to peel cassava, her young daughter told her I’ve long nails, she smirked.
Well, I peeled the cassava, took it to be ground and before she woke up next day, I was frying garri.
She approved but I was disappointed bigly.
I was angry, because the first time, my bf brother came to my father’s house, the rumour was that they didn’t train me, I will be materialistic , I won’t be submissive.
I pegged it as inferiority complex ,I didn’t know the whole family will start testing me.
Let me correct some stuff
1) We didn’t break up cos of the testing. (It contributed)
2) She called me – asked me to come see her to talk about my refusal to marry her son.
3) They weren’t poor. I found out later, she got the cassava to test me.”
4) you can grind cassava today and fry it tomorrow.
5) I actually have a picture of this event, but I don’t care enough about twitter people to post it. so y’all can go off . And my friends on twitter have seen it.
6) I was young, present me today would never.