Connect with us

Gist

Kano govt revokes contracts of contractor behind Ganduje bribe videos

Published

on

Nigeria News

The Kano state government has revoked the contracts of the contractor behind Governor Ganduje’s alleged bribe videos.

The state government canceled three contracts worth N1.6 billion which were awarded to Tiamin Multi Services Ltd, a company belonging to Aminu Mohammed. Mr Mohammed.

Kano govt revokes contracts of contractor behind Ganduje bribe videos lailasnews

[DOWNLOAD MUSIC]

This was made known by the state commissioner of information, Mohammed Garba, at a widely reported press briefing on Friday, on the resolutions of the State Executive Council.

The state government gave “non-performance” as the reason behind revocation, which affected Tiamin and one other company, FNL Engineering Limited. It is unclear if the second company is also linked to Mr Mohammed.

Last year, an online newspaper, Daily Nigerian, published a series of videos showing Mr Ganduje collecting wads of dollar bills at different times believed to be kick-backs from contracts awarded by the state government.

Findings by this newspaper indicate that Tiamin’s managing director, Mr Mohammed, was the one who filmed the videos while delivering the cash to the governor at different times.

Mr Garba said the road projects in Bichi and Fagge were awarded on August 2, 2017 and November 13, 2017 with completion period of four months and 14 months respectively.

He said the contracts were revoked based on the contractors’ inability to complete the projects despite collecting respective advance payments of N204 million and N96 million.

Mr Ganduje is enmeshed in the bribe-taking scandal in spite of his denial and his suit against the news platform and its publisher, Jaafar Jaafar.

A probe into the scandal by the Kano State House of Assembly was also stalled in November by a high court of Kano State at the instance of Mr Ganduje.

Trending