Idris Elba has finally the put the rumours of him playing the next James Bond to sleep, as he has confirmed he won’t be playing the famed role.
Two weeks ago, rumors began to circulate that James Bond producers were considering Idris Elba for the role of 007.
Elba had teased the possibility last week on his social media accounts last week (you know how your man does, sometimes) when he tweeted a photo of himself with the caption, “My name is Elba, Idris Elba” on Aug. 12. Earlier that day, a Bond franchise producer said the “door is open” for a black James Bond.
Speaking with Good Morning Britain at the premiere of his new movie Yardie in London, when asked: “Do you like it shaken or stirred?”
The 45-year-old star made viewers laugh when he replied: “Stir fried, actually.” As he tried to walk away, their reporter quickly added: “Are we talking to the next James Bond?” “No,” Elba replied.
This comes after the official James Bond Twitter account announced that Danny Boyle has resigned as the director and said: “Michael G. Wilson, Barbara Broccoli and Daniel Craig today announced that due to creative differences Danny Boyle has decided to no longer direct Bond 25.”