Looking for how to make liquid soap in Nigeria? Read this! In this article, we show you updated, easy and quick steps to follow if you want to make liquid soap in Nigeria.
Liquid soap is very popular in Nigeria and all over the world. Morning Fresh and Mama Lemon are some of the most popular brands of liquid soaps made in Nigeria and are virtually used in every Nigerian home, restaurant, eatery etc.
To save money spent on buying bottles upon bottles of this liquid soap, some Nigerians are now making their own liquid soaps right in the comfort of their homes. Some have turned it into a business and making cool money from it.
For as low as N5000, anyone interested in making liquid soap can produce over 80 litres of liquid soap. Convert that to cash. You see how much money you can make?
Are you ready to learn the steps now? Keep reading, if you just said yes.
How to make liquid soap in Nigeria:
Items needed for 40 liters of liquid soap:
- Measuring bowl
Chemicals you will need for 40 liters of liquid soap:
- 6-16 teaspoons – Sodium Laurate Sulphate (SLS);
- 480 g. – C.M.C (Carboxy methyl cellulos)/ Antisol/ Nitrosol;
- 10 – 20 teaspoons of Texapon
- 2 litres of Sulphonic Acid
- 165 g. – Caustic Soda
- 35 l. – water;
- 245 g. – Soda Ash –
- 6-16 teaspoons – Formaline (may not use)
- 10-20 teaspoons – Sodium Tripoyphosphate (S.T.P.P)
- 1/2 Laurel Rice
- Perfume (fragrance) if you desire
USES OF CHEMICALS USED IN LIQUID SODA MAKING:
- Texapon: A Foaming Agent
- STPP: It is a Cleanliness and Thickness AgentCaustic Soda: This is a Cleaning Agent. The smallest quantity to you can buy is ¼ . So divide that into four portions , use one portion and keep the rest . too much of caustic soda peels the hand
- Laurel Rice is a foaming agent. ½ quantity is enough, just add it to your sulphonic acid
- Natrosol : A Cleaning and Thickness Agent
- Soda ash: A Cleaning Agent
- Sulphonic Acid: A Foaming Agent
- Formalin: A Preservative Agent. Formalin is a harmful chemical that causes cancer if abused. So use with care, very small quantity doesn’t harm. A cap of Eva table water will do or better still you can use Citric Acid, Benzoic Acid and Sodium
10 easy quick steps to make liquid soap in Nigeria
- Mix small quantity of caustic soda in a bowl with 2 liters of water. Aim is to soften the caustic soda. Leave for one hour or for overnight.
- Mix the Soda ash with 2 liters of water in a different bowl. Aim is to soften the soda ash. Leave for one hour or for overnight.
- Soften the STPP by mixing with 1.25 liters of water in a third bowl.
- Soak the Laurel Rice/Rice in another bowl. You should have a total of four bowls.
- In a different bucket, add sulphonic acid followed by texapon. Mix the Sulphonic acid and the Texapon together until they are well dissolved.
- You should now have 5 mixtures all in different bowls, bucket. Leave them for 30 minutes so the chemicals dissolve properly.
- To make our liquid soap, now take a big bucket that can contain 30 litres of water and fill it half of it with clean water
- Gradually add the Natrozol into the 15 litres of water in the 30 litres bucket. Gently stir
- As you stir, gradually pour the contents of each small bowls into the big bucket containing Natrozol. Ensure yu pour in contents of the bowls in the order we mixed them. That is bowl A before bowl B then bowl C before bowl D.
- Never stop stirring.
- Now pour the content of our first bucket into the big 30 litres bucket. Keep on stirring properly.
- Next is to add a little quantity of Formalin for preservative. Remember – it is optional, this chemical is dangerous. HANDLE WITH EXTREME CARE IF YOU INSIST ON USING IT.
- Now add colour to our liquid soap mixture, stir, add some perfume. Stir.
There you have it! Your own liquid soap, proudly made by you.
You can also press play to watch this HOW TO MAKE LIQUID SOAP IN NIGERIA VIDEO: