Connect with us

Gist

Girl electrocuted while charging phone in the bathroom

Published

on

Nigeria News

A teenager has died from electrocution while charging her phone in the bathroom.

Irina Rybnikova, 15, is believed to have been messaging her friends and let the phone slip as her fingers were wet. She was then electrocuted and died from heart failure before her body was found by her distraught parents, according to local media reports.

Girl electrocuted while charging phone in the bathroom lailasnews 4
Girl electrocuted while charging phone in the bathroom

It happened in the city of Bratsk in the central Russian region of Irkutsk Oblast. A close friend of Irina told local media:

‘She was an incredible person and my best friend. She wanted to be successful in every sport and we planned to move to another city to study. ‘Everyone loved her, she was friendly, kind and very beautiful.’ Irina was talented at martial arts and regularly took part in tournaments.

[DOWNLOAD MUSIC]

According to reports, she recently won the Russian Youth Pankration Championship, which is a traditional sport that combines elements of wrestling and boxing.

In a statement, her sports federation said:

‘A tragic accident has taken the life of our champion, friend, mate and student Irina Rybnikova, 15. ‘She was a candidate for Master of Sports in pankration, our beloved girl. Rest in peace’.

Trending