Four more bodies have been recovered from the Rivers collapsed building, a seven-storey building under construction that came down on Friday.
The building which was under construction, crumbled with some many artisans and engineers trapped in it. Family members of those suspects to still be in the rubbles, have been keeping vigil at the site with hopes that their loved ones would be rescued alive.
The state government says it would leave no stone unturned to ensure that those trapped are rescued alive. Meanwhile an investigation into the cause of the collapse has been launched.
Earlier today five bodies had been recovered from the scene. The NSCDC Public Relations Officer in Rivers State, Mr. Akin Oguntuase, told Punch Nigeria on Saturday that while the bodies of the four persons recovered from the rubble had been taken to the mortuary, it had been difficult to get one corpse out.
Oguntuase disclosed that the head of the said deceased was still trapped under a brick and could not be easily removed.
“We have removed four bodies and we have taken then to the mortuary. One body is still trapped under the rubble and it has begun to decompose. But we are still trying our best to remove it,” he said.