Connect with us

Gist

Fire kills Pastor’s wife, 3 children and mother-in-law (photos) – Nigeria News

Published

on

Nigeria News

A fire incident which occurred at Dansoman, a suburb of Accra, Ghana on Sunday morning, claimed the lives of a Pastor’s wife, a family of five including a two-months-old baby.

Fire kills Pastor's wife, 3 children and mother-in-law lailasnews

While it was gathered that Pastor Ato Kessie, the Dansoman District pastor of the Seventh Day Adventist (SDA) church was not in the house when the fire incident occurred, the pastor’s wife, three children and his mother-in-law were burnt to ashes when fire gutted their storey building.

Fire kills Pastor's wife, 3 children and mother-in-law lailasnews 1

[DOWNLOAD MUSIC]

Eyewitnesses who were present at the time of the incident,  said victims were trapped by the security burglar proof at the entrance of the room and could not run out of the house. They further told Adom TV’s Rita Abrefi that the fire broke out around 5 am in the six-bedroom storey building, near the Wesley Grammar school in Dansoman. Efforts to mobilise some residents to help free the deceased, was unsuccessful.

Fire kills Pastor's wife, 3 children and mother-in-law lailasnews 2

A similar incident played out at No. 13, Buraimoh street, Bariga area of Lagos, as an overnight fire has killed a family of four, simply identified as Eze’s family.  The Director of Lagos State Fire Service, Mr. Rasak Fadipe, who confirmed the incident, said it occurred at about 2.48 a.m.

He said personnel of the service got to the scene of the incident as soon as they got information about the fire, but that due to the double burglary irons on the door and window of the apartment, they were unable to reach the victims in time.

“The apartment is a chemist store. The father, mother, and two children of ages five and eight were found dead inside the store.

“ We advise that although one needs security in his or her house or business place, it should not be to the detriment of the people.

“Members of the family should always know the exit of their apartment whenever there is an emergency,” the director said.

Trending